Well, sorry it took me so long to post about this…

Taylor Ann Creel was born on 3/2/2010 at 5:16am. She weighed 6 lbs. 13 oz. and was 19 inches long. She is beautiful! And was born with quite a bit of blond hair… it looks kind of straight, but it’s getting wavier all the time.

I was dreaming that night about the pregnancy and labor (I’m not really sure of the details, I just know it was about the pregnancy), when I felt my water broke. In light of the pains I was having in my abdomen (not contractions) all that week and most of the previous week, I got to the bathroom faster than I thought possible 🙂 Anyway, that was about 2:45am. I felt no contractions at all prior to that or at least nothing that would be enough to wake me up. When my water broke, I definitely felt more pressure than before. About 15 minutes later, the contractions started and were pretty regular. I woke Frankie up and told him I thought my water had broke, so he got up and took a shower. I took a shower after him… it didn’t slow my contractions at all, so I knew that things were pretty far along already. I don’t know why, but I asked Frankie if we should wait or go on to the hospital. Thank goodness, he knew that my contractions were close together and we needed to go ahead and go! We dropped Alyx off at his mom’s house and I called Jaimee Holmes, who was going to be in the delivery room with us. On the way to the hospital, I remember thinking about how I should have gone to some prenatal classes even though I’d had a baby before and thinking how I didn’t know if I was going to be able go through this again (the contractions were pretty intense). Then, I thought… uh oh… aren’t you supposed to feel that way towards the end of labor???

When we got to the hospital, they made me fill out paperwork and stuff… I remember thinking, please let me sit down, but there was nowhere to sit. When they finally got us to a room, they asked me a whole bunch of other questions… like does anyone in your family have a history of heart disease or diabetes or blah blah blah… My contractions were terrible and I was thinking, I wish they would just check me already! She finally finished all her nonsense questions and examined me… during a contraction (which I don’t think is when you are supposed to measure) and was like you are at an 8… I was thinking there is no way I’m only 8cm… Before she finished all her questions, I was starting to feel like it was time to push. She went and got another nurse and said that she was going to measure again. (It had only been a minute.) That nurse said I was already fully dilated and ready… Unfortunately for me, the doctor wasn’t at the hospital yet.

There were four nurses in the room and they were doing all kinds of stuff… but all I was thinking was that I needed to push. I started to feel the burning, which was the baby crowning I’m sure. In all of this, they were trying to tell me not to push. Why? Because the doctor wasn’t there yet… Jaimee finally asked one of the nurses if it was okay to push. I was feeling a lot of pressure to push and it was extremely painful not to… I had started pushing at some point. I’m not sure if it was after one of the nurses said “I’m not going to tell you NOT to push” or not, but Taylor was ready to come whether the doctor was there or not! Finally, the doctor came in and Taylor was there not long after that. (I wonder if I would have had to pay the doctor for the delivery if she wasn’t there.) So, that night my total labor time was 2 and a half hours… If we ever get pregnant again, which we aren’t planning on, but if we were to, Frankie would definitely have to learn how to deliver a baby, just in case 🙂

I’m not sure if it was just because everything was so quick or what, but my labor/delivery experience was not that great this time around. Taylor probably could have been born 20-30 minutes earlier had they let me push. But more than that, they just weren’t that cooperative this time around. Since I didn’t have an epidural or medicine (which I couldn’t have had anyway), I should have been able to just have a Hep-lock (I think, that’s how it’s spelled) instead of a IV. They told me that I had to have an IV and had to try it twice before it finally took, so I had bruises on both hands. And with Alyx, they clamped the umbilical cord immediately, so I already asked Frankie to tell them to wait until the cord finishes pulsating (which is supposed to provide extra nutrients for the baby). When he asked the doctor to wait, she looked at him, told him that that was just a rumor, clamped the cord, and cut it herself. I think, this is what made me the maddest… but I won’t go into it any further right now. Then, with Alyx they immediately gave her to me to hold and nurse. With Taylor, they took her and did all the stuff they do and then gave her to me… it wasn’t that long… it was just one more thing that I thought about afterwards that wasn’t the way I wanted it.

Oh well, everything went well. Taylor is happy and healthy and doing all the stuff newborns are supposed to do (eat, sleep, and poop!). I’m doing well, too (except for the virus I got Thursday night). Everyone has been really great to include Alyx in the conversations and make sure she’s getting attention, too. I will post some pictures, but I have to download some first! Thanks to everyone for gifts, meals, and everything else!

This entry was posted in Archives. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s