I have several prayer requests in my life right now. If you would like to, maybe you could remember these things:
1. Frankie has a vision to plant a church. He believes God is calling him to Boston. There are all sorts of ways we need prayer for this one, but the main thing for me is just that we would be ready whenever God calls us and that we would listen to his direction.
2. Hub City Church is growing spiritually! I am so thankful God chose to impress this church upon our hearts. We love it! And the things we are learning are too numerous to count. Pray that God would continue to show us favor and would continue to keep us focused on His will for Hub City Church. Pray for the right people to step up from within and fill some roles that need some attention.
3. Pray that Movies in the Park would be a bridge to bring people to God and pray for good weather! God has blessed us every time we have done a MIP. He is awesome!
4. Pray for my dad. I so wish I was closer to him, but it’s not meant to be right now. I pray that the right people (and maybe even woman) would come into his life that would help hm to find true happiness.
5. Pray for my mom and step-dad. Tom’s job is moving to Duluth, GA. Most of their families are here, in the upstate. They don’t want to move away, but with the economy as it is, they will have to go if they don’t find something soon. Today (6/15), I found out that my mom had something show up during her yearly checkup. She will go on Monday for some more tests. Pray for her. Pray that she would seek God’s will in this; that she would see his hand working; that she would leave it in his hands. Pray for her family as we deal with this news as well.
6. Pray for Spartanburg. This is where we live, where our kids are growing up. May God bless this city. May He show himself in a new way to the 69% of people who don’t go to church on any given Sunday. “The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few.” Pray for workers.
7. Pray for the churches of Spartanburg, that they would unite together to reach our community. It’s not a competition. We need to work as one body.
I’m sure the list could go on and on, but right now, these are the things that I pray for most. Maybe it’s something, you could pray for as well.